TERMS & CONDITIONS
RDTRIP LTD reserves the right to refuse to hire any vehicles at it’s own discretion.
Minimum hire duration of two days for rentals starting on Friday or Saturday.
All rentals include 125 miles daily allowance. There is an excess charge of £0.50 per mile for distances above this.
HIRER: The person or persons entitles to drive the vehicle
OWNER: RDTRIP LTD
DRIVERS: The person or persons entitled to drive the vehicle
- is not under 25 years of age or over 70 years of age (minimum age 30 for performance cars)
- has held a full UK licence for a minimum of two years. (EU, US, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and South African licences are also accepted)
- has not had their licence suspended for any period within the last three years
- has not been involved in more than one fault incident within the last three years
- has no more than two convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction
- has not obtained a BA, DD, UT conviction
Additional drivers can be added for a one off cost of £25 per hire provided they meet the above criteria. We may be able to insure drivers on an individual basis who do not meet all of the above criteria, although additional charges may apply. Please contact us to enquire.
For insurance purposes we need to take a copy of the following documents from each driver:
- Photo card drivers licence (address and ID must be up to date)
- Online licence check with DVLA
- One utility bill or statement (address must match that on the drivers licence)
- One of the following (with address matching the drivers licence):
- Council tax bill
- TV/Internet/Landline bill
- Bank or credit card statement
- Mortgage statement
- (Printouts from online billing are acceptable provided they include the address)
Payments and Deposit:
All amounts stated are in GBP British Pound. A non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your vehicle. This deposit will be 15% of the value of the booking or £50, whichever is the greater. The balance is payable 30 days prior to the start of hire. The deposit and balance can be paid in cash or by debit or credit card, in person or over the phone. There is no charge for using a credit card. All rentals include 125 miles daily allowance. There is an excess charge of £0.50 per mile for distances above this.
Following receipt of your deposit we will issue by email, a confirmation of hire.
Excess and securities bond:
Excess and securities bond: The hirer must leave a credit or debit card preauthorisation for £750.00 This is held as:
- A security bond
- Payment towards mechanical damage not covered by the insurance e.g. tyres, wheels, clutch damaged during the hire period.
- Insurance excess against accidental damage or loss caused to the vehicle by a third party or the Hirer.
- Payment for additional charges incurred during hire, including but not limited to excess mileage, petrol and penalty notices.
This will be cancelled 14 days after the end of the rental term provided no costs have been incurred.
Fully comprehensive insurance is included in your rental at no extra charge. The excess on the insurance policy is £1000. We do not provide Collision Damage Waiver this can be purchased via a third party insurer for the duration of the hire. Extra drivers can be nominated at a cost of £25 per day. All drivers need to bring with them the documents as outlined above.
- Cars should be fuelled using premium unleaded.
- The car will be provided with a full tank of fuel when it is collected. The car must be returned with a full tank of fuel. There is a filling station in Grantown-on-Spey. If the car is not returned with a full tank of fuel, a charge for the amount in pounds (£) required to bring the tank to full will be made to the hirer, with a surcharge of £25 above the cost of refuelling.
- The Hirer is responsible for using the correct type of fuel required for the vehicle. Failure to do any of the above will result in charges for fuel or repair to the vehicle.
Return of vehicle:
It is expected that the car is returned to RDTRIP LTD in the same condition as it was when hired. Vehicles may be returned earlier than the agreed date but regrettably no refund for unused hours or days will be possible. We ask that you don’t wash the exterior of the car prior to returning it. The canvas soft-tops are vulnerable to water ingress if a forecourt pressure hose is used.
All speeding, speed camera and parking fines will be paid for by the hirer. These will be charged against the preauthorised card provided and invoiced to the hirer and will incur a surcharge of £25
We have full breakdown cover ensuring mechanical assistance at all time while on UK roads.
Hirers vehicle and personal property:
Customers are welcome to leave their own vehicle at our premises. Any vehicle or personal property left at the Owners premises is done so entirely at your own risk. RDTRIP LTD cannot accept any responsibility for hirers vehicles or their contents left at our premises during the hire period.
- The vehicle can be used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes by any person permitted by the Owner to drive whilst the vehicle is let on hire.
- The vehicle may not be used for racing, pace making, reliability trials, competition, driving tuition or towing. The vehicle may not be taken off road. The vehicle must not be taken out of Scotland without written permission of the Owner.
- All rentals include 125 miles daily allowance. There is an excess charge of £0.50 per mile for distances above this.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that the car is locked and secure with the roof up whilst unattended.
Choice of car:
In the event of unavailability of a chosen car due to Accident, Mechanical or other problems beyond our control, The Owner will inform the Hirer and offer either an alternative car for the chosen date or an alternative date.
- More than six weeks before start of hire – Deposit returned less £50 cancellation fee
- Four to six weeks before start of hire – loss of deposit
- Two to four weeks before start of hire – 50% of total hire charge
- Two weeks or less – 100% of total hire charge
We recommend that travel insurance is taken out to cover unforeseen cancellations including those due to weather related issues.
We reserve the right to cancel a booking if the balance has not been paid 14 days before the hire is due to commence. Cancellations are permitted up until 14 days of the hire. No refund will be permitted on cancellations within 14 days of the hire.
We reserve the right to cancel a booking before or on the start date if the weather conditions in our opinion are dangerous. We will arrange an alternative mutually agreed date within one year of the date of cancellation.
We cannot reimburse travel costs or other losses incurred by you in the event of cancellation by us or you. We advise you to take out travel insurance to cover potential loss arising from cancellation or other eventuality affecting your booking.
Materials supplied by RDTRIP LTD:
All keys, locks, tools, spare parts, maps and equipment supplied with the car are the property of the owner and must be returned with the car at the end of the hire period. Failure to do so will result in charges for replacement items.
Hours of hire:
The hire period is from 10:00 on the first day to 14:00 on the last day. Failure to comply will result in additional hire charges based on the daily hire rate.
The Hirer shall reimburse to the Owner on demand
- Any charges for fuel, damage or other miscellaneous charges shown in this agreement and booking form.
- The Owner costs, including reasonable legal fees incurred in collecting payments due from Hirer under this agreement
- Any fines, penalties, court costs or other expenses imposed on RDTRIP LTD by law arising from the use of the vehicle whilst on hire.
- Any recovery, towing or storage charges if the vehicle is stolen lost or damaged prior to its return by the Hirer or its recovery by the Owner.
By making a booking whether in writing, by email, online or by telephone, the customer agrees to these terms and conditions. The Hirer will be required to sign our Standard Rental Agreement before the hire commences. The Hirer agrees to accept the debit to his/her credit card account of the charges incurred under the agreement. All charges are subject to final audit.